oh oh - might be back

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

oh oh - might be back Empty oh oh - might be back

Post by Robby on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:37 am

Well after selling my bike back in july (the white GSR750) i'm itching again so need something to scratch it with 

Bradford m/c still have the GSR for sale at £1000 more than they paid me for it and after asking if i could buy it back they offered it for £4780! - eh 4 moths of depreciation later - i was expecting £100 - £200 more but this is silly

I've been looking at other bikes and 2 have been shortlisted

2013 triumph Street triple R (new model) - i had the 2010 STR before the GSR and loved that bike, the new model is supposed to be lighter/ smoother/ better all round so i'm hoping to have a look at this tommorow

2011 CB1000R - bigger bike in the extreme colours - looks gorgeous with the gold wheels, etc - not sure if it'll be too big/ heavy to throw about in the twisties?

The CB is £600 more than the STR and 2 years older which puts me off a little  - has anyone had/ rode 1?

Any opinions on either bike?
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

oh oh - might be back Empty Re: oh oh - might be back

Post by JACKO71 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:45 am

Hey up robby the reindeer, why did you sell it in the first place ??? Now is the time to buy if you dont mind having it sat in the garage for a few months....
JACKO71
JACKO71

http://www.bikers-forum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:56 am

Hey jacko - don't know why i sold it tbh, i just get bored and sell first then regret a week later
Been down to Bolton today to look at the STR they have - not nice at all, every painted surface, clock screen, mirrors, etc are covered in scratches (looks like it was washed with a brillo pad), all other parts were covered in crap - not looked after well at all  Crying or Very sad
They're selling GSR750s for £6150 new or a matt black pre reg for £5995 which seemed cheap until i looked at robinsons rochdale website and they have new ones at £5399 bounce 
Called Robinsons and they never returned my call, their website wont let me send an email so i'll try and call them tommorow
I was going to buy a 2013 GSR with 8k and all the extras at £4600 but a new 1 make a lot more sense

Fingers crossed i'll have a bike sorted soon

Do you guys still go on ride outs as there are a couple more guys in leeds i'm meeting up with as soon as i'm mobile?
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKO71 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:33 am

We do when weather is good pal, post any rides in ride out section yiu never know...i wouldnt buy new go for a year old and save a grand and go to praque for a wekend...
JACKO71
JACKO71

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:42 am

Well to but my old bike back (2012) would be £4780 - to buy a spanker it's £5300 - come trade in time the 2014 bike will be worth more so i'd get my money back

I was hoping the bolton dealer would have called today with a price for their demo - seems no-one wants to sell bikes Mad
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobtra69 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:18 am

Hello Robby, long time and all that. Right, my two peneth.

CB1000R are ace, had one for an afternoon when they first came out. Had a hoot on it, really low geared, always searching for 7th gear but easily out accelerate any of the Triumphs in 40-100 mph roll on tests.

Street Triple R also brill, although have to admit I would be going for the Daytona.

What about pushing boat out and getting new Street triple RX?

Don't get another GSR. It obviously filled you with so much glee that you sold it!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:19 am

ok update - i've bought another GSR750 geek

a few months old with lots of extras already fitted.
I sold the last 1 as i wasn't using it but intend to use this 1 a lot more (hmm - said this last time?)

I'm back bounce
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimbob on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:45 am

Welcome back hopefully sort a ride out so you can bring your GSR out. My gixer needs a spin before battery goes flat!!
Jimbob
Jimbob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:55 am

hope to have a ride before the snow appears lol!
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKO71 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:38 am

Mine needs taxing but feom no till xmas we have summat on that involves massive amount of beer so im steuggling juggling getting out, might get out between xmas and new year if weather is good enough....welcome back robby reindeer wantto see you on some rides next year pal lol....
JACKO71
JACKO71

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:24 am

1 day to go before it lands Sad
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:27 am

Well it arrived yesterday and i'm slightly dissapointed Crying or Very sad
The salesguy was at the NEC so he left it for another guy to sort with the courier and things didn't go well.
No standard parts (exhaust, indis, rear fender) supplied, no bung for the Scorpion can which is fitted, no service book, not serviced, no fuel tank prop, scuff on rear pod at side and different tyres fitted?

I sent an email last night and he's replied saying he'll send the standard parts along with the service book and 5lt of oil/ filter/ sump plug as the mechanics forgot to service it (so where do they stand if it's not fit for road as they haven't checked it?), they say the tyres are ok (bridgestone BT016 on front and new BT021 on rear due to nail in origional tyre) and i have to take pics of the scuff so not sure what they'll do about that?

Started stripping it last night ready for a weekends cleaning session as it's minging underneath and on front of engine block (not even bothered to clean it), fitted crash bungs and paddock stand bobbins and still waiting for new adj levers from good old china (thanks ebay)

At this rate it might be ready for summer?

piccies when it's been cleaned Cool
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobtra69 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:48 pm

Where did you get it from?

I'd be sending it straight back if it had come in that condition...

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimbob on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Agree i would be getting it sent back and let them sort it out and deliver it how you agreed in the sale.
Jimbob
Jimbob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:31 am

I bought it from saltire who are based in Edingburgh - they arranged the delivery and i paid via bank transfer
The sale was on condition the bike was in excellent condition (as described to me over email/ phone).
I had another email today saying they'll order a new rear panel (7-10 days to come from Germany) and the missing parts have been posted out today

Hopefully this wont drag out too long before it's sorted otherwise i'll be returning it to them
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKO71 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:37 am

Get them to collect put right and nring back wankers....
JACKO71
JACKO71

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobtra69 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:36 am

Wow two pages!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:21 am

Well had a cleaning session this afternoon - all panels removed, cleaned behind and machine polished and sealed (except tailpiece which is to be replaced due to damage from delivery company and their tie down webbing  >Sad  ), all underside and hard to reach places pressure washed, blown dry and given the once over with Megs last touch, wheels cleaned and sealed with jetseal 109 to help make cleaning easier in the future  Wink  , exhaust removed and cleaned with wonder wheels (brings downpipes and link pipe up as new in seconds) then polished with AutoFinesse 3 in 1

Still haven't even started the bike up yet ......................................................................................................

oh oh - might be back 100_1302_zps0858228e

oh oh - might be back 100_1300_zpsf5e24cd2

Damaged tailpiece - can't see the damage on the painted section as the camera wont pick it up so it's worse in the flesh

oh oh - might be back 100_1308_zps686cd7c1
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimbob on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:41 am

If i bring mine round will you give mine a good clean?
Jimbob
Jimbob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:12 am

yeah - if you've got a day to spare Wink
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobtra69 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:52 am

You should start a business valeting bikes. I would be queuing up with my two!

But seriously, damaged tailpiece from delivery company!? Who are these jokers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:32 am

TBH i'd never be satisfied with the results after valeting as there's always something i'd miss so wouldn't feel confident doing it for payment - i'd be willing to help a fellow out though

The delivery co was A2B - he'd already unloaded the bike and wheeled it into the garage by the time i got home from work -he had an old bike in the corner of his van and said he'd delivered another couple that day so they'd obviously been squashed into the van.

the last delivery guy who brought my CBR600RR from plymouth had thrown a duvet over the bike and used pillows and cushions at the sides for protection - i think this guy had thrown the ratchet straps over unprotected panels and the rear foorpeg brackets have a couple of chips on - not very professional at all - they charged the dealer £165 (Edingburgh to Hudds) - the last company charged £100 from Plymouth
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobtra69 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Yep, never discard old pillows when you have bikes to move in a van at all!

It's a good looking bike shame about the delivery damage and cleanliness of the bike. next time buy locally!

Are you doing the Toy Run from Squires next weekend?

Back to top Go down

Post by Robby on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:45 am

Bobtra69 wrote:Yep, never discard old pillows when you have bikes to move in a van at all!

It's a good looking bike shame about the delivery damage and cleanliness of the bike. next time buy locally!

Are you doing the Toy Run from Squires next weekend?
Well last bikes have been bought local and i was planning on buying my old GSR back from Bradford but the prices are dearer local and as this has 1.5 years Suzi warranty remaining i can still take it to the nearest dealer for warranty work.

Not sure about the toy run as i haven't taxed it yet - not sure if i can without it being registered in my name as the V5 hasn't come back yet - the remaining tax is non transferable to a new owner so when the dealer sent off the V5 to put in my name DVLA automatically cancel the tax and send the refund to the last keeper - not good Crying or Very sad
Robby
Robby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimbob on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:35 pm

You should have a little slip from the V5 to show you are now the owner. You can take that to post office and tax it.
Jimbob
Jimbob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next